Orientation & Registration
- Completed State Registration and Orientation form
- Copy of a Photo ID
- Transcript if you did not attend a Jordan School District high school (High School age students: the Adult Education Enrollment Form completed by the last high school you attended) formerly known as the K-12 Withdraw Form)
- Pay your registration fee of $25
- Take the CASAS entrance exam
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org all documents. We will get you enrolled and started in your program online.
Mandatory online GED Registration for the GED Test on Computer.
Do students register & schedule online for the 2014 GED® test?
Yes. Most students register & schedule online for the 2014 GED® test using MyGED™ at GED.com. Students may also register and schedule by phone at 1-877-EXAM-GED. Dedicated call center agents for Spanish-speakers and adults with accommodations are available.
What will the new registration process consist of?
The registration process for the 2014 GED® test is much simpler. Students are required to sign up for a MyGED™ account at GED.com and then they are able to access the dashboard full of information about studying, test tips, scheduling, scoring, and college and career opportunities. When students are eligibile to schedule, they can go log in 24/7 to GED.com, click “Start scheduling” on their dashboard, complete the demographic questions, schedule one test or multiple tests at a time, and pay for their appointment. These steps are explained in our student guides, available for free download.
Will test takers still be able to schedule one test at a time on different dates?Yes. Test takers can test on what they want, when they want, and where they want. This way they feel prepared every time.The cost of the 2014 GED® test will remain at $120 per test battery administration, and includes a much more robust assessment with much richer reporting and data management capabilities. For more information about the complete 2014 GED® program, visit our web site.
- GED testing candidates DO need a parking permit to park on the SLCC campus on the day of testing. Test Takers will receive an email on the Thursday before taking the test with parking instructions. For questions, please contact the Main Office at 801-256-5954.
- Please make sure to park in a yellow stall in Lot J4 of the campus. When you park, make sure your license plate is visible to the parking enforcer. If you pull through your parking stall, make sure you have a front license plate. If your plate is not visible you may still receive a ticket.
- No personal items may be taken in to the testing room. This includes, but is not limited to; bags, notes, phones, pagers, watches, and wallets. You can however bring your own handheld TI-30XS scientific calculator for the Mathematical Reasoning, Science and Social Studies tests.
- Rescheduling less than 24 hours prior to your appointment will result in forfeiting your test fees.
Arrive at Southpointe High School at least 15 minutes early on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after the scheduled start time. You must bring the following with you:
- A current Government-issued ID (Driver’s license, state picture ID, Military ID, or Passport)
***Candidates must bring current paper or laminated non-expired Government issued Picture ID with them to the testing center. You will not be admitted to the test without your ID. Without ID, you will be turned away as per policy and will lose your test payments.***
- Any required letters
Cell phones and/or pagers should not be brought to the testing area. You cannot have personal items at your desk. Any items brought to the test center must be stored in the registration area. Hats, coats, food, drink, calculators, books, papers and reference materials are not allowed. Scratch paper, calculators and pencils will be provided as necessary.
Beginning July 1, 2009, the option to do both the GED test and then complete the high school diploma was removed. Utah State Law now requires that a student may take EITHER/OR the GED test to receive a "Utah High School Completion Diploma" or complete a traditional Adult High School Secondary diploma. R277-702-7