Southpointe Adult High School provides educational services for students who are Utah residents, 18 years of age or older, and did not graduate from high school. Students 16 years and older, whose high school class has not graduated, may enroll if they also have a completed Utah State Withdrawal and Adult Application.
Students may determine which type of diploma they want to earn: an Adult High School Diploma or a Utah High School Completion Diploma through General Educational Development (GED) testing.
Orientation & Registration
- Completed State Registration and Orientation form
- Copy of a Photo ID - email to Southpointe@jordandistrict.org
- Transcript if you did not attend a Jordan School District high school (High School age students: the Adult Education Enrollment Form completed by the last high school you attended) formerly known as the K-12 Withdraw Form)
- Pay your registration fee of $25
- Take the CASAS entrance exam. - Contact the school at 801-256-5972 to make an appointment to schedule your test. Must be scheduled between Noon and 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday.
- Once your registration is complete you will receive an email from the school indicating successful registration the day after you pay to allow for processing. If you have not received the email, please contact the school directly at 801-256-5972.
Email: Southpointe@jordandistrict.org all documents. We will get you enrolled and started in your program online.
For returning students who have not registered during the 2020-21 school year checklist:
1 -Completed State Registration and Orientation form
2- Pay your registration fee of $25
3-Once your registration is complete you will receive an email from the school indicating successful registration the day after you pay to allow for processing. If you have not received the email, please contact the school directly at 801-256-5972.
4-Take the CASAS entrance exam if your exam is no longer current. Contact the school at 801-256-5972 to make an appointment to schedule your test. Must be scheduled between Noon and 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday.
Email: Southpointe@jordandistrict.org the following documents
We will get you enrolled and started in your program online.
Guidance Counseling Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and she can help you with credit requirements toward graduation as well as tutoring on curriculum.
Vynessa.email@example.com - Science
Brett.firstname.lastname@example.org - Civics, US History
Noelani.email@example.com - Math - both high school or GED Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - Language Arts - both high school or GED
Pepper.email@example.com or Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.orgComputer
Southpointe has open registration, with no appointment required. New students must complete the Orientation & Registration Session attending classes.
All students are required to take the CASAS Assessment (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System) prior to attending classes. You also need to provide a copy of your transcripts from the last high school you attended. Make sure you have these when you register, or arrange to have them faxed to 801-256-5992.
When you register, you will complete an orientation, take the CASAS assessment, and then schedule an appointment with a guidance counselor to have your transcripts evaluated. Basic areas of reading and mathematics may be evaluated by the CASAS assessment.
Four Ways to Earn Credits
PASS (Personalized Assisted Student Studies) packets
Online courses in various subjects from any computer via the Internet
Southpointe teacher instructed evening classes which begin each quarter
- Work study credit