High School 4th Quarter:
Starts: Monday, April 5, 2021
Ends: Thursday, June 3, 2021
2021-22 Summer Session:
Starts: Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Ends: Thursday, July 29, 2021
2021-22 High School 1st Quarter:
Starts: Monday, August 16, 2021
Ends: Thursday, October 14, 2021
ELL 1st Session Classes:
Starts: Monday, March 15, 2021
Ends: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Masks are required to attend in-person
Students must remain 6 ft. apart in class
Stay home if you are sick
Wash or sanitize your hands often
Southpointe Adult High School provides educational services for students who are 16 years of age and older. If your regular school is not working for you, or you did not graduate with your high school class and need a diploma, this is the school for you!
Southpointe is an open enrollment school, which allows students to start programs at any time. Classes are open to all Utah residents 16 years of age or older, whether they are working toward a high school diploma or GED.
We are currently working on several options so students can continue working either online or in-person and each student can choose which option they prefer to return safely. More detailed information is available below or you can contact the school directly via email or call at 801-256-5954.
- Diploma Program - Student Qualifications Southpointe Adult High School provides educational services for students
- ELL - The Jordan School District Adult English Language Learner (ELL) Program
- GED - Student Qualifications Southpointe Adult High School provides educational services for students
- Campus Map - Find directions to the school here
- Resources - Forms and registration papers
- Staff - Directory for Southpointe Adult High School
School Hours: Monday - Thursday 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Summer Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
REGISTRATION/New or continuing or need more online classes (packets) : Email email@example.com (Administrative Assistant)
CREDITS or Transcript questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Counselor)
CANVAS question: Email email@example.com (Principal)
GRADPoint online classes: Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Registrar)
email@example.com - Level 1 - Online and limited in-Person
firstname.lastname@example.org - Level 2 - Online and limited in-Person
email@example.com - Level 3 - Online and limited in-Person
firstname.lastname@example.org - Level 4 - Online and limited in-Person
To join the school's text messaging Remind: Text @cfgee3 to 321-473-4055, follow the reply text.
To permanently stop receiving text messages from Remind: Text @STOPALL in reply to any text message from a class or group.
Mask Order FAQ - Utah Department of Health
- Two Schedule Options Will Be Available to Families:
- At-School Learning
- JSD will resume face-to-face instruction for students on a regular school schedule Monday-Thursday.
- Students will not be required to attend in person on Fridays.
- Fridays will be structured around meeting individual student needs and extending learning from earlier in the week.
- Teachers will have flexibility in providing individual or small-group instruction (in-person or virtual).
- Teacher preparation and collaboration will be scheduled on Fridays.
- More information will be forthcoming.
- The schedule will be in place through December 2020, to be reevaluated in November.
- Full-Time Virtual Learning from Home with a Jordan School District Teacher
- Students will be given the option to learn virtually from home instead of returning to school in person. Forms to request at-home instruction will be sent to families soon.
- Students who choose virtual learning will be taught using courses specially designed by Jordan School District teachers this summer.
- Virtual learning will combine flexibility for students with daily teacher interaction.
- At-School Learning
- Face Coverings:
- Jordan School District will meet any applicable state or county mandates requiring face coverings in schools.
- Students are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at school.
- Students may be required to wear a face covering in some circumstances (assemblies, higher risk classes, offices). Alternative activities will be offered for students who choose not to wear a face covering.
- Students are required to wear a face covering to ride the bus (exceptions apply for unique circumstances).
- Employees will wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible.
- Safety Precautions:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place regularly in all buildings.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout every building.
- Protocols will be put in place to maximize health and safety. More details will be available in the full plan.
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, protocols established by the Salt Lake County Health Department will be followed. These protocols will be included in the plan once we receive them.
- Additional Information:
- Overnight travel and field trips have been canceled through December 2020 (to be re-evaluated in November).
- More information regarding virtual learning options for Dual Language Immersion and ALPS will be forthcoming.
- Employee Information:
- Personal protective equipment will be provided to employees based on assignment, including face masks, face shields, plexiglass, and hand sanitizer.
- A form giving employees the opportunity to identify themselves as being at high risk for severe illness due to COVID-19 will be sent to employees soon.
- Teachers will receive a form to request the opportunity to teach from home. Requests will be accommodated to the greatest degree possible. The number of requests we can fulfill will depend on the number of students who choose to learn virtually from home.
- Detailed information regarding employee leave options for the 2020-21 school year will be forthcoming.